Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here it is.

First post.
I know your thinking. "wait wasn't there a already a really awesome blog called kitchen koala run by a pretty lady named Dorothy?" Well yes there is. So now your wondering "why are you stealing her blog name?" Well I am taking her bloging name the same way that in a few months She will be taking my last name. That's right I am the lucky guy soon to be Mr. Kitchen Koala.

Also I ask that you please do not hold me up to my better half's standards. She will be posting more consistently with better grammar, spelling, and conciseness.

I am starting this blog because I have spent some time cooking in the kitchen myself and have a few recipes I would like to share but also so that I have an excuse to experiment and grow in the kitchen as well. The last reason I'm starting this blog is because well after dating a food blogger it just seems wrong not to take pictures while cooking.

Now for anyone who Is still reading all the way down here at the bottom of my first post I have to say that you must be a good fan and therefore would like to reward you with something. Sorry I don't have any money to give you but I do have something nearly as good. It is my one of my brothers favorite recipes of mine. I make it for him frequently or when I want some candy but don't feel like running to the store. (yes this is easier to make then going to the closest store and getting a candy bar.)
Start with one stick of butter and melt in plastic mixing bowl in microwave.
add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and mix together with fork until no big clumps left
add 2 cups sugar and mix with fork until everything is fairly uniform color
add 1/2 cup milk and you got it mix it together.
microwave everything for 3 min watch and make sure it doesn't boil over.
Stir in 1/2 cup Peanut butter a teaspoon of vanilla extract
When Peanut butter is incorporated stir in 3 cups of oats I prefer quick instead of instant or old fashioned but any will do just different amount of chewiness Let mixture cool for a minute and then spoon out onto parchment paper let cool and solidify when solid they can be placed in a Tupperware.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, first post! Welcome to the 'Blogosphere' :P You WILL be making those goodies for the bake sale this weekend, right? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete